Tuesday 7 July 2009

unplanned planned and still need a new saddle!


A small but perfectly formed jump. Ok it's small but it's a start!

Wales preparation is ticking along though not as well as I would like, for instance can't find a stand for those frequent breaks I need or front pannier to carry my packed lunch!
Thursday saw me using the bike for a spot of commuting to the Cricket Club Committee Meeting at Bishops Cannings, sorry but all opportunities are being taken. However while there got a call to join a couple of friends for a drink in Heddington, no problems I say, I will be right over. By over it's in the next valley 7kms away with Roundway and King's Play Hill in the way. Took the scenic route to get the practice in and use up the 40 minutes I had to get there. Lovely ride, not too taxing and before I knew it I was in The Ivy with a pint of 6X. Pub was busy and there were also a group of other mtbers who wouldn't look out of place in Surrey and were mildly impressed with the nearly new bike. There was even one with a shiny new bike more expensive than Bish's or so he claimed. Enjoyable evening and 4 pints.........ah yes did I tell you I had conveniently forgotten I had to ride home to Devizes 7km back the way I had come in the dark? It was actually a great ride back over the top with enough moon light not to warrant lights and more than enough ruts and pot holes to keep it interesting. I did spend quite a lot of time answering texts from the friends who had found it extremely amusing waving me off with beer in hand into the darkness of the Wiltshire night.
Saturday I went back up to Roundway (is that hill getting easier or am I imagining it?) to practice some more technical stuff for an hour or so. Amazing what a couple of sessions can do and though not in the top league yet, the jumps etc are coming on. Hopefully get a few more trips in before Wales and have also been threatened with a mid week outing with an Army Team mtber who I discovered I work with, but he is madder than you lot so not sure about that!

PS Yes still need a new saddle, as Sat morning was sore as hell for the first 20 minutes.

PPS Cheers Dunnie for the bike it is top and has got me out there, best you remember to ask for payment!

No comments:

Post a Comment