Monday 19 April 2010

Dust 'n' Disorder - The Ranmore Sessions

Dates: Weds, Sat, Sun
Riders: Various including Mark2, Dunnie, Dave, Dave2, Tom, Rich, Roger & Duncan from HftH
Locations: Ranmore, Leith Hill, Redlands, Milton Gore

Haven't blogged for a while...frankly all I've been doing is riding in my spare time so I haven't managed to squeeze one in, as it were.

In fact I've done so much riding (6 days out of the last 10!) that it's all melded together in my mind into one big session. I'll try my best to pick out a couple of highlights but the overall theme has been one of dusty bone-dry trails (dare I say it we could do with a shower to dampen them down), seriously technical new trails and jumps, lots of jumps!

The technically challenging trails on Ranmore have been a big feature - Abba Zabba, Blind Terror, Numbskull and the new one "Reformation" - check the Nirvana link attached for some videos - plus Grevious Angel.

There's some seriously challenging stuff up there - big drops, doubles, kickers, steep rooty and off camber sections although we all emerged reasonably unscathed.

None of the OTH'ers rode the sketchy drop and double on Reformation although Roger showed us how last night before dispatching the very scary bombhole double at the end of Numbskull.

Other highlights have included nailing more of the new jumps springing up at Milton Gore (both Marks progressing to get over the bigger double), Dave and I jumping the big fallen tree at the bottom of Wave of Mutilation in Redlands, going to the Yeti demo day at Peaslake (no I'm not buying one) and several post-ride visits to the Plough and the Star.

Those who aren't riding at the moment are missing out big time - get yourselves out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment