Thursday 7 October 2010

The two of us!

Date : 7th October 2010
Location : Colley Hill
Riders : XC Tom, grievous Andy

A night ride with two of us. Started off ok, I guess!! We found our little local jump area and proceeded to session a few little jumps and berms, but the ground was very "claggy", as they say up north, and quickly filled the treads on our tyres, turning them into slicks!!! :-(... It was at that point my helmet torch failed - 10mins if light is all it gave out tonight - cheap chinese rubbish I guess!! The ay-ups are looking more and more attractive!!

After one particular jump, I landed and was sucked in, hook line and sinker, by a tree cunningly placed in the exact spot my bike wanted to go (my mind was telling me the tree was not part of the trail... it was incidental....... It soooo was part if the trail, hence the headlong crash into it - one handlebar light bracket bust!!! Bugger!!! However, I managed to retrieve the rubber o-ring and secured the light back on. We decided to start riding a trail instead....

Off we headed up to Colley Hill, through the thick mud, and off towards Fizers!! We found the "jump" area Tom had been looking for, but without the jumps!!! So disappointed, we decided to head for home - with Tom's handlebar light now on amber...

Along the bottom of the downs - with half the downs attached to our bikes - we headed home.

The ride necessitated a bike hose down when we got home, transforming them from the weight of a hefty and portly 45lb downhill rig, back to the lightweight trail busters they actually were!!!!

We've had better rides!!!

1 comment:

  1. I knew I'd made the right call when the rain started at 19.00!

    ReplyDelete