Sunday 6 December 2009

How I broke my light!


I went out for a night ride on Thursday on my own as my riding buddy had blown me out at the last minute. I was all set up and needed to give my legs a good spin so I headed out onto Reigate hill. The short steep climb was boggy and when I got to the top the going was sticky to say the least. I thought the usual Pilgrims way loop would be too sticky so I opted for a steep decent down off the hill and pick up the road into Reigate - a sprint on the road would be better than nothing. As I motored into Reigate I thought a burn through Priory Park would be good and this would be off the road too. As I entered the park the darkened but silent skate board park got my attention. Lets try some of those ramps I thought. It was all going well until I got brave and decided to drop into the half pipe. No problem I thought, keep the weight back, look forward. Unfortunately i planted the front wheel at the bottom of the 6ft drop, the forks compressed until they spat me out over the front. F**ck, sh**t, my light got the force of the bike. It still works but the bracket is shagged so i had to hold it all the way home. Why did I think it was a good idea to be a bmx bandit!

Anyone got any DX light spares?

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment