Saturday 1 August 2009

Mind the Gap

I thought as it's Andy's birthday we should give him a day off from posting - Happy Birthday Andy! Don't worry he's not totally out of the picture as I'm sure he'll add a couple of videos to this post.
Tursday night saw our regular-ish meet at Coldharbour, after my usual warm up climb from Dorking. We headed over to Heads Roll for some jumping practice. We started by messing about on the kicker we know well then over to the bigger stuff to hone our skills on the "Door Jump" (see previous post).
After several successful clearances I suggested we remove the door and ride it as a proper gap. I gave it a go first and cleared it and then it was Andy's turn. I could see from his run in that he wasn't going to stop and the determined look on his face said "I'm going to conquer this before I'm 40!" - Sure enough he cleared it at the first time of asking, no dramas as Mark would say!
Pumped on adreneline we took the little downhill across to Wolverns Lane and rode Summer Lightning, including the downhill jumps then through the bombholes and down Deliverance, both of us a little too quick and cocky, almost running out of room at the bottom. Finally we dropped down to The Plough for a pint of Crooked Furrow. Totally Stoked.

1 comment: