Thursday 18 June 2009

Wiltshire is on line!


The deed was done at the weekend and I now have Mark's old bike, he has also offered me his old knee protectors, isn't that considerate of him considering how well they have recently performed for him?
So with cricket rained off I set off on the inaugural Wiltshire Chapter Ride Out and headed for Roundway Hill which is NE of Devizes. An easy one to start off while I find my legs, along the Kennet & Avon and Quakers Walk and on up to Roundway. The legs I was looking for didn't turn up and it is evident that more work is required prior to Wales. However once up on the top I had a great half hour exploring the 4X4 and motorbike tracks that cover the top of the hill. Then discovered that I was not the only biker who uses the hill and foolishly spent time following a number of obvious bike routes off the hill...........down very quickly! My front brake squeals like a pig (I can hear the shouts of 'no brakes and weight back' already.......whatever). Are they meant to do that or have I been sold a duff one? Mark need not answer that question.
So I had a great time as expected and will endeavour to get out as much as possible, fall off as seldom as possible and attempt to be match fit for Wales.
All the Best and see you in July if not before!
P.S. Note to self - get a new bl**dy saddle!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome Mark.... however.. is that a rear mudguard I see on your newly purchased bike?... oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bugger! When I posted the pic I knew one of you lot would pick that up. It served me well on the way back down from Roundway anyway and I guess I owe a round?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey mate, if you'd told me you were going to put a mud guard on, I'd have sold you the wife's old pink bike instead! Will you be be putting a basket on the front as well? I've heard they're very practical... While you're at it, some stabilisers, a bell and a kiddies' seat on the back, along with some nice smooth road tyres and a set of trouser clips might set the whole ensemble off??

    ReplyDelete